Pages

Monday 27 September 2021

Passion Projects

 Passion Projects Journey

For Passion projects, I have paired up with Lucy, we are making Brownies! We got this idea from Mr. Stock. He has also offered to be our official taster tester. The first step towards achieving our Brownie bake sale was to write a formal letter to our dean Mr. Danes. In the letter, I explained politely that I needed a loan for my company and that all the profits would go towards our choice of charity (Willow Banks).

   The Formal letter to my dean requesting a loan


Our Next step (Flyers attempt number one

Our next step after getting the loan approved was to make advertising to get the word out that the company is selling brownies. The brownies my group and I are selling are priced differently depending on which Brownie the customer chooses to purchase. Sadly the first flyer we made to advertise the company we forgot to proofread the flyer so by the time it was advertised around the school multiple grammar mistakes were pointed out by teachers.

Next step Flyer (attempt number two)                             Next step. Flyer attempt number one
  picture                
My Teacher Ms. Clark had advised Lucy and me to remake the flyer's around the school because of our grammar mistakes. In Flyer attempt number two Our company was proud to say that we got it right! In this flyer, we corrected the spelling errors and Included new information like the prices and where the customer's money goes if they do choose to buy our product. In the Flyer I did forget to mention that the plain brownie is gluten-free.                
Logo making 








To Even have a business besides the loan's there is also another thing my group had to short out... a logo. Lucy who is my business partner was great at that because she
came up with a great logo to represent us. Not only did it represent us in a great way it also easily got the message thru to our buyers about what we are selling. 
  Next step. Flyer attempt number one
  picture 
   My Future steps I would like to see
                           
To make packaging with pictures of animals from willow banks.

To find a place to sell my brownies.

To get the ingredients

To bake all of my brownies.

To sell them.

To give all the profits to willow banks to help the animals.



                         

                                                                             Going Shopping

With the money, my teacher Ms. Clark kindly gave us it was time to go shopping and find our ingredients
Before going shopping Lucy and I made a shopping list and then crossed out any of the items we could buy ourselves or find at home. With the items, Lucy and I could find at home the items for shopping really shortened down making this made our list less and better for our budgeting skills. With a budget of $20, I made my way in the countdown doors. When I entered the store there was a piece of paper and clean pens instructing me to write down my phone number, name, and email by doing this ensures that if there is a Covid19 break we can see who can be potentially infected by doing this we are helping make a safer and more healthy community.

Scanning through the isles I was in search of my ingredients as I am continued scanning it hit me that we forgot to put utensils we couldn't have bowls without our utensils so I ran quickly basket my hand to grab the spoons. By the time I got down the aisle a lady with a white dress had already grabbed the last sets of spoons, she must have seen how desperate I looked because she ended up reaching her hand into the basket, grabbing the spoons, and then stretching her arm out offering me the spoons. I tried to convince her that I didn't need it yet she kept insisting simply telling me she has plenty of spoons at home she could useThanking her I graciously took the spoons from her hand walked away and went to find the rest of the ingredients. 

Since it was getting late my parents took me to a more closer store to my house to buy everything on my shopping list. All I needed now was two boxes of ice cream, caramel sauce, Chocolate chips. I couldn't have forgotten anything, could I?
 
                                                                         Baking day

I made my way into school with bags in hand filled to the top with the best chocolate chip brownie ingredients. The first thing First was to find a place to store my Icecream I ended up putting them in the staff freezer. By period two had rolled around my arms had grown weak and could no longer hold my bags so I needed to find a place to place them. Ms. Clarke had given lucy and I permission to use the kitchen next to the auditorium so I decided that would be the perfect place to keep the bags. 

In period two Lucy and I went down to the auditorium to start our cooking. As we baked we talked. Halfway through we found out the hard way that we had forgotten the eggs so we had to come up with a plan to get the last of our ingredients. The plan was to work up enough courage to ask Ms. Clarke to buy us the eggs, Luckily Ms. Clarke wasn't cruel and decided to help us. Well, we waited we cleaned as we went. After Ms. Clarke returned we went back to cooking.

 The final touches were made as we places the rest of the chocolate chips on the brownies and add swills of Carmel on top. off to the oven, it goes. Lucy had to leave because she had important duties to attend to so I let her go. I Wiped down the whole kitchen well listening to Doja's cat on repeat. Then I did the dishes, I don't really mind cleaning even though some people find it disturbing. In all honesty, it really clears my head.

                                                                                     Final Results

Selling the brownies felt like it was the more exhausting days of my life, I am probably exhausting but the point is that I did not have fun and felt tired most of the day. The day was bright, me and Lucy made our way to the kitchen where our brownies were kept safely tucked away in the oven. The first of our problems came when we tried opening the door but remained closed. It was locked. The only opening to the kitchen was the littles sliding window that would usually be locked. The unusual thing was that it was unlocked so it was a perfect way to get in. Instead of climbing into the window and dirtying the bench, I came up with a better proposal. I opened the window and stretched my hand toward the door then unlocked it and made my way into the entrance. 

Now we sat down in our seats patiently waiting for the bell to ring. When the bell rang I was not ready for the herd of kids that made our way to post. I handed out the brownies to the students well Lucy gave out the Ice cream it was an extra dollar for the kids who wanted a fizzy drink. The most annoying thing was the kids who decided it would be a great idea to try and steal the drink. 

We had an assembly so we were behind schedule. By Lunchtime, I was panicked because I couldn't find Lucy anywhere I searched all the classrooms and all of outside. When I found her there were little kids following her. It turns out she was looking for me too. Once again we set up shop and waited we didn't get as many customers but we still raised enough money. This time I was on ice cream duty I found it hard scooping ice cream because my arm hurt.
                  
                                                                    Conclusion

By the end of the day, I felt restless, sore, and hungry I washed the tables and packed my ingredients away. I walked all the way to the kitchen to wash Whae Jude's knives and the rest of the dirty dishes. Then thanked the teacher and made my way home. During the holiday's Lucy donated the money to Willow banks they were really grateful. We ended up raising a total amount of $60.90. To be honest I appreciate the experience but I am not sure if I was 100% passionate about everything maybe next time I could sell a different product or try a different idea.

                                                                      The receipt for the donation


TAX INVOICE / RECEIPT


Willowbank Tourism Group

60 Hussey Road, Northwood, Christchurch

03 359 6226

info@willowbank.co.nz

www.willowbank.co.nz

Transaction: 96029

Date: 11 Oct 2021

Time: 2:47PM

GST number: 110-074-921

Purchases

 

Code

Description

Units

Amount

3260

Donation

1

$60.90

4062

E-txt (DONATION TO THE OTTERS)

1

$0.00


 

 

Cash


$60.90


Thanks for visiting Willowbank!

You were served by Paige

Printed 27/10/2021 3:47:20 PM


                                                      



         









         
   


         




1 comment:

  1. I am glad I wasn't cruel Tennessee and I think you did a great job making the brownie and cleaning up. it was a worthwhile fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.